Family Practice Areas
In addition to helping people in California achieve their goals when they file for divorce, I offer assistance in the following specific areas:
- Child custody and visitation: Establishing which party has legal and physical custody and what schedule visitation will fall into is one of the most important issues when divorcing.
- Child support: I can help you realize appropriate levels of child support. Make sure your children’s needs are met while allowing the non-custodial parent to make ends meet.
- Spousal support/alimony: The court looks at certain factors to determine if alimony is appropriate. I will analyze your case and make persuasive presentation to the court.
- Property division: What is community property and what is not? My detail-oriented approach can help you achieve your goals during the division of property.
- Judgment enforcements and collections: Has your ex-spouse not delivered funds or property that it was agreed would be delivered either from the property division or as child or spousal support? I can pursue what’s rightfully yours in court.
- Guardianship: Do you have custody of your grandchildren or other minor? Is it legally recognized? Establish a guardianship to protect your rights and the primary caretaker.
- Stepparent adoption: Do you refer to your stepchildren as “your children”? Take the next step and protect that relationship by creating the legal rights of a biological parent through adoption.
- Child protective services defense: Are you fighting to get your children back from CPS? Are they threatening to take your children? I can help you prove that you are a fit parent.
- Paternity: Establishing paternity is a necessary step of divorce if you are seeking a divorce and your children from your current marriage were born prior to the marriage. A paternity test can also be used to create custody and visitation rights and support obligations for couples who never married.